14 in stockSHARE:
Pack of 3 x 10cm sticks
Palo santo is known as the holy wood of Peru. The sought after fragrance of palo santo is formed after the death of the tree. The concentration of essential oils that give its wood an irresistible aroma and remarkable healing properties do not develop until after the tree dies. You would use Palo Santo as you would a smudge stick in your smudging or smoking ritual. Many cultures use smoking rituals so you would follow a ritual that has meaning to you. There are many videos on youtube to learn about a smudging ritual.
Palo santo may be burned, similar to incense, by lighting shavings of palo santo wood. You can light palo santo sticks and the rising smoke will enter the “energy field” of ritual participants to “clear misfortune, negative thoughtprints, and ‘evil spirits”. Peruvians harvest fallen branches and twigs of the B. graveolens tree, a practice that is regulated by the government of Peru, so trees are not cut for wood harvesting. The charcoal of palo santo sticks can also be used for ritual smudging.
- Select a palo santo stick that is dry and has a strong, woody scent.
- Light the stick: Hold the stick at a 45-degree angle and light it with a match or a lighter. Let it burn for about 30 seconds to a minute.
- Once the stick is lit, blow out the flame gently so that it starts to smolder and smoke.
- Smudge: Move the stick around your space, allowing the smoke to cleanse the area. You can use your hand or a feather to help spread the smoke. Be sure to get into all the nooks and crannies.
- When you’re finished smudging, gently tap the stick against a fireproof surface or a bowl of sand to extinguish it.
Palo santo can be used to cleanse negative energy from your home or workspace, or to create a calming and meditative atmosphere. It can also be used to purify crystals and other objects. Just be sure to use it in a well-ventilated area and avoid inhaling too much smoke.
Smudging in an ancient and sacred ritual used to cleanse ones environment. Rich in Native American history smudging is a symbolic exercise found in feng shui and alternative healing practices. It involves burning selected White Sage (or any material meaningful to you) in a manner that fills the home or other space with the fragrance of the smoke, and it is thought to clear negative energy.
We offer a range of smoke free smudging products that are simple to use. Smudging Soap is ever so popular. When you come in from a hard day just pop in the shower and wash away all the negativity.
Light a Smudge Candle or use the Smudging spray whenever you can not use the traditional Smudging Sticks. Many people Smudge their home, car and their office.
Have you checked out our other smudging products.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.